NDIS: National Disability Insurance Scheme
NDIS is the new way the Australian Government is helping eligible people under 65 who have a permanent disability, to receive care and support sothey can enjoy an ordinary life.
Tradern Australia (TAUS) Care will work with you to establish aSUPPORT TEAM who are matched to your needs and who will help you achieve your goals.
The NDIS will pay for reasonable and necessary support which can help maintain independence and connections within the community. For example,changes to your bathroom so you can shower yourself; join in the community; get a job; or equipment, such as wheelchairs.
- Be an Australian citizen or have authorization that they can live in Australia for the remainder of their lives.
- Be under 65 years of age
- Have a permanent disability which substantially reduces your ability to participate effectively in activities, or perform tasks or actions unless you have assistance from other people, or you have assistive technology or equipment; or you cant participate effectively even with assistance or aides and equipment, and
- Your impairment affects your capacity for social ad economic participant and you are likely to require support under the NDIS for your lifetime.
Eligibility for NDIS:
What help is available?
The NDIS provides a range of services customized to the needs and requirements of the individual receiving support. For example,
- Advice, information, referral services for NDIS participants and their families carer(s)
- Referral to relevant disability, mainstream, crises intervention and community services and supports
- Links and support to access community services and activities
- Help to build individual capacity through support such as diagnosis advice, peer support and skills development
- Individualised plans that include goals and aspirations
- Assistive technology, equipment and programs
- List of NDIS Service Providers.
To apply for NDIS: www.ndis.gov.au
Ring 1800 800 110 and the process will be explained to you.
TAUS Care NDIS Coordinators can give you guidance on the process of applying for NDIS, Please fill out our enquiry form, we will get back to you to arrange a consultation.